Do you want to clean your carpets? Do you want to know everything you need to know to make the right choice when cleaning your carpets?
The first question you need to ask is how dirty is my carpet? The answer to this question will determine what carpet cleaning method you can use. Notice I say “method” not machine. carpet cleaning is a combination of machine and products.
You will find that you will see lots of carpet cleaning marketing claiming that a carpet cleaning machine will outperform others. This is misleading, because it will be the products that break down the dirt so that it can be removed by the machine. The quality of the products is just as important as any machine.
All Products Can Be Purchased https://prochem.co.uk (I recommend Prochem because they are my choice of carpet cleaning solutions in my professional carpet cleaning business. I do not receive any payment for doing so)
Different Methods of Carpet Cleaning
How To Match The Carpet Cleaning Method To How Dirty Your Carpets Are?
Preventive Carpet Cleaning Methods (low moisture)
Bonnet Low Moisture Carpet Cleaning
This method can be used on most types of carpets assuming that they are
- in good condition
- being regularly dry vacuumed
- only lightly soiled
- Spots and no stains
- ideal for maintaining carpets or traffic areas
The steps for how to use low moisture carpet cleaning on your carpets
Crystallization Absorption Carpet Cleaning
This method is for conditions where soil levels are slightly heavier than for method one.
- Soils is removed from the carpet by rotary agitation of a cotton bonnet pad per wet in a solution of fibre shampoo
- Any residue left behind in carpet will crystallize.
- Do not use or substitute cleaning product
- This method is for use as a maintenance periodical preventive program
- Drying times are about 30 minutes to an hour.
- This method is not suitable for shag pile carpets
The steps for how to use crystallization absorption carpet cleaning on your carpets.
Dry Carpet Cleaning
For customers that have had an unpleasant experience with poor carpet cleaners in the past where their carpets have taken days to dry out dry carpet cleaning is the answer. These customers just don’t want to risk having to go through that experience again. This method is also suitable for maintenance of lightly soiled carpets, or carpet in use all the time.
The Steps For How To Dry Clean Your Carpets
This method will clean the top half of any carpet pile.
- The success of the method relies totally on a crystallizing foam formulation which is scrubbed into the carpet with a rotary machine.
- The carpet cleaning solution emulsifies the soil from the carpet pile
- The water from the carpet cleaning solution evaporates.
- The residue harden into a dry crystal encapsulating the soil.
- These soil crystals are then removed at a later stage by normal regular dry vacuuming.
This method is favored by contact cleaners as its low cost and dry quickly.
This method is designed to remove any dirt that is bonded to the carpet fibres on light to medium soiled carpets.